The Communities In Schools (CIS) mission is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life by coordinating the connection of community resources in the school setting. To achieve that, CIS assures students are assisted with supportive guidance and counseling, health and human services, parental and family involvement, pre-employment and employment along with educational enhancement.
The Five Basics of the Communities In Schools Program!
- A one-on-one relationship with a caring adult
- A safe place to learn and grow
- A healthy start and a future
- A marketable skill to use upon graduation
- A chance to give back to peers and the community
CIS Participants Are: